Migrant Settlement Project
Settlement Services for new migrants and refugees
- A newly arrived migrant, humanitarian entrant or refugee?
- From a non-English speaking background?
- Having difficulties finding information or services in your area?
- Living in an isolated situation?
Adjusting to a new culture and community where many everyday things are now different can be difficult and sometimes overwhelming. If you would like some help, come and see me at the Neighbourhood Centre or give me a call. Our services are free.
What we offer
- Help with things such as finding English classes, driving in Australia, visa help, interpreting services, health services, childcare, schools, women’s refuge, jobs, skills and qualifications recognition and lots more.
- Meeting people, this might include meeting other migrants or refugees in the area, finding out about social groups or becoming involved in community events such as Harmony Day or the Cultures in the Manning Festival.
- Helping you to feel a part of the community and sharing your culture with the community with events such as Harmony Day, Cultures in the Manning Festival, Refugee week, Multicultural Carers Day.
Who can use this service?
- Migrants and refugees who have arrived in Australia in the last five years.
- Migrants and refugees who live in the Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Forster, Gloucester and Taree areas.
- Cultural and community groups who would like to be involved in the community.
Call Jane O'Dwyer
If you would like to talk to the Migrant Worker, Jane O'Dwyer, phone 6553 5121 or 0497 832 079, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or message her on our Facebook page ‘Migrant Support Mid North Coast.’ I can talk to you on the phone, you can come to the Neighbourhood Centre or I can come to you. Please let me know if you require an interpreter.
Where can you find me?
My office is in 4 Farquhar St Wingham.
These settlement services are delivered in partnership with other organisations in the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP). The NSP is supported by the Department of Social Services under the Families and Communities Programme (Settlement Services). For more information please visit dss.gov.au.
Multicultural Health Directory
We have a multicultural health directory for Taree/Forster and Kempsey/Port Macquarie.
Download the directory:
Our latest newsletter – Multicultural Messenger – is now online. Read the latest newsletter…
MCN Multicultural Network
We faciliate the MNC Multicultural Network (MNCMN) which meets in February, May, August and November each year. Find out more…