Lower Mid North Coast Mental Health Community Consultative Committee
The Lower Mid North Coast Mental Health Community Consultative Committee (CCC) is a group of people interested in good mental health for the community, working together to gain better services, facilities and results for consumers and carers.
Purpose of CCC
The Lower Mid North Coast Mental Health Community Consultative Committee is a unique group of mental health consumers, carers and community members who are interested in promoting good mental health for our community.
Aims of CCC
- To listen to mental health consumers and carers in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester areas, and advocate for suitable and improved mental health services and facilities for these consumers and carers.
- To raise awareness and promote good mental health, provide information regarding the mental health services available, and to engage the community in mental health events.
- To restore connectedness and increase resilience in our community.
Fulfilling a need in the community:
- CCC fulfils a number of needs in the community.
- CCC is a Voice for carers and consumers.
Both the consumer and the carer have needs which are often overlooked or misunderstood. The CCC endeavours to recognise these needs and translate them to mental health professionals, advocating the provision of appropriate and improved mental health services for the whole community. Under the auspices of your organisation, our group would be more effective in attracting consumers and carers to our group to promote good mental health.
- The mental health services available to community members, who are often not aware of appropriate services.
- Information to the wider community on good mental health.
Who is our target group?
Specifically mental health consumers and carers but we aim to promote good mental health in the whole community.
Phone: (O2) 6553 9377